Y’all get a double post from me today!! Sorry about your luck!!
Here are 30 thing you (might) not know about me:
1. Today, and 10 years from today (and 20, 30, 40, etc) is the only day for 10 more years that Brian and I will be the in the same age decade. I am 30, he is 39 just for today. Brian turns 40 tomorrow.
2. Along the same lines as #1, Brian and I (and his father, his grandfather, 2 of my aunts, and my grandfather) all have the same middle name: Lee. All spelled the same way. Charity, does not have the same middle name, her’s is Jade.
3. Even though I am from Nebraska, I am not a Huskers fan. I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Sorry dad.
4. I have worn glasses for most of my life. When I was young, I used to see double. We lived in a split level and I ran into the wall because I didn’t know where the real stairs actually were. I have what is called a wandering eye. I also wore an eye patch in an attempt to strengthen the muscles in that eye.
5. My dad first taught me how to cook. The first few dishes I learned to make were sweet and sour chicken, spaghetti, and New England clam chowder. The chowder was cheating because all I had to do was boil a bag of frozen soup on the stove. Besides that, I knew how to cook bacon and mac and cheese. I pretty much learned how to cook from those 3 things and watching my grandma and my dad cook.
6. My two favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and Easter. Just because of the food.
7. I never took drivers ed. I took a class from Omaha Driving School instead. I still quote my instructor when making a driving point to this day.
8. I used to play Sims 3 when it first came out. I loaned out all of my expansion packs and only have the original disc now. I haven’t played in years.
9. I only have one picture of me showing my actual bump from when I was pregnant with Charity. I wish I had more.
10. I never had a blizzard from Dairy Queen until I was at least 11. I made sure that didn’t happen with Charity.
11. I am very shy. Some would say that I come off as a bitch. I try not to be, but in social settings, I can get a panic attack if I try too hard not to be shy.
12. I have only been on a trip that required an airplane once. That was when I was 24.
13. The airplane trip was to New Orleans, LA for a convention of sober people. It was over Halloween. I was sober on Bourbon Street on Halloween.
14. I like people watching. That’s what I did in New Orleans.
15. I have always been a night owl. Yet, I am a baker. They typically keep early morning hours.
16. I taught myself how to crotchet when I first got sober. I still have a blanket I have yet to finish. It is giant.
17. For over 3 years, I didn’t have a car. I walked to work or took the bus. I also walked to the grocery store to buy my groceries.
18. I hate buying myself clothes. Texas is the first place where I have more than just a few places I can buy clothes that actually fit me.
19. I love doctor shows. I could never be a doctor myself, or even a nurse or EMT. Blood makes me woozy. I never really realized that until Brian sliced his finger (to the bone!) and needed me to put a new bandaid on. I was standing and the room started spinning. After composing myself, I was able to do it, but I had to sit on the floor to continue.
20. I might be accident prone, but I have not broken any (verified) bones. I think I broke one of my toes when I was a little older than Charity, but I never told anyone and never had it looked at.
21. I very rarely wear make up. I go through spurts of actually doing it but never keep it up.
22. In high school, my favorite color was blue. I had tons of shirts in varying shades of blue and that was what I mostly wore. My favorite color is now green but I wear other colors too.
23. I am terribly afraid of spiders.
24. I used to be terribly afraid of dogs. Then, we got Lucky. I can’t imagine ever being afraid of him.
25. I love brussel sprouts. My family does not, but I still try and ask if we can get them.
26. I love putting together furniture. I don’t know why either. I have a collection of Allen wrenches from Ikea.
27. I only started collecting things when I became an adult. I collect angels and cameras.
28. I love fishing, but I won’t put a worm on my own hook. Brian does that for me.
29. I am not a fan of roses. I prefer tulips. Due to their limited season, I will take daisys instead.
30. I never iced a cupcake until last year. Weird, right?
Did you learn anything new?? 30 things is pretty hard to come up with!